Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Magnificent Places And Sights In Hong Kong

As mentioned in my previous post, there will be a post on some interesting and special places in Hong Kong. It has been almost two weeks since I came back from Hong Kong so I only could recall some places I had been to. Sorry for this, for the whole of last week I have been spending most of my time revising for tests and some other crap... But luckily I have the photos I took at Hong Kong.

Okay, back to the trip. So far, the places I remembered going was the "Walk of the Stars" or 星光大道, Repulse Bay, Victoria Peak, The Madame Tussauds Hong Kong Wax Museum and Ocean Park. I also remember going to Hong Kong Disneyland. However, I will not be mentioning it later on as I feel that Hong Kong's Disneyland is not as good as Japan's, so to me there is nothing interesting there.


This was taken at the "Walk of the Stars" or 星光大道. The Walk of the Stars is not a path with a red carpet that many Hong Kong celebrities had walked on. Instead, it is just a normal path that can be seen almost everywhere. The interesting part of this path is the hand prints embedded along the walk. Although I only took a photograph of the hand print of Jackie Chan, There are much more hand prints of celebrities - around a hundred of them. Besides this, that path has nothing much special or worth looking at. Let's move on.


This was taken at Repulse Bay. As you can see from the photograph, the beach is a lot different from that of Singapore's. The sand on the beach there is very clean - no litter at all, the sea water is crystal clear (but very cold). The sea breeze there is makes me feel very relaxed and the feeling is awesome? See those houses and buildings in the background? Those belong to some Hong Kong celebrities including Jackie Chan and Andy Lau who are actually neighbours. That's about it. Next.


This is not an everyday sight in Hong Kong's Victoria Peak. The magnificent lighting of the buildings and a skyline are astoundingly beautiful and breath-taking. Although you may not feel that Victoria Peak is magnificent place just by looking at this picture taken by none other than me, you would feel otherwise if you were standing at that location in Hong Kong. Victoria Peak is one of the highest places in altitude and the city would only be lighted up during special events or occasions like Chinese New Year, so I was quite lucky to be able to capture the sight on camera. If you ask me, I feel that Victoria Peak is a must to go if you are in Hong Kong. Done, shall we move on or do you want to continue staring at the picture?


Look, I saw President Obama in Hong Kong. Never mind, no one would believe me. And if you actually believe what I just said, you shouldn't. Yes, this picture was taken from the Madame Tussauds Hong Kong Wax Musuem. There is a similar wax museum in London, I remember. The wax statue of Obama was just added to the collection of many others just a few months ago, I think. Look's pretty real, right? I had also taken photos of Albert Einstein, Adolf Hitler but due to lack of space I did not put it in this post. The wax museum is located at Victoria Peak (Why did I even write this? Who cares anyway?).


This is the Panda from Ocean Park. I did not expect to find the panda at Ocean Park, since the name Ocean Park should mean ocean animals and wildlife? Ocean Park is actually somewhat like a theme park, just that it has another area for animals and wildlife. I find it better than Disneyland, not so childish and lame stuff there. Now I realised that I should put a video of the panda because it looks very fake in a photograph. But too bad, no videos... The next photograph is also a "product" of Ocean Park.


I almost forgot what this was called. But when I was in Hong Kong, I heard people calling it the red panda (I think it is because this little creature also eats nothing but bamboo shoots and leaves, just that its fur is red in colour). These two kinds of animals were what I found the more interesting ones, since it was my first time seeing a panda up close in real life. The end.

So, this was what I still remembered about Hong Kong. Comment on anything, please. Bye.

Posted on Term 1 Week 8

1 comments:

Martin Chen said...

Wow! Alex your so lucky!

A380 to Hong Kong. You are very privileged! Traveling during the Chinese New Year! i'm sure you learnt a great deal in your trip to beautiful Hong Kong?

However, I'm pretty amazed. That camera of yours is good. You take pretty good shots as well. How many mega-pixels? I personally like the picture of the red panda and he city skyline the most. Quite unique! I'm looking forward to more such pictures in the blog post to come!

Martin Chen

Post a Comment