Monday, April 26, 2010

Is Doing Your Duty Really That Difficult?

What duty am I talking about? Class duty roster of course. Recently, I have somehow became the Assistant Facility Secretary. I do not really know why. Previously, I was only assigned to fill up the duty roster column on the whiteboard and that's it. Subsequently, the Facility Secretary started pushing all the work to me, making me check if duty has been done or not and all the other random stuff. That was how I became the Assist. Fac. Sec.

Doing duty soon became transparent in the eyes of some classmates whom I shall not name. They started to skip duty or just do duty halfway and leave. Then they tell me that they have done their duty and it was other classmates who screwed up the cleanliness. They duty of sweeping the floor has the most problems. I cannot really check if sweeping is done unless I see it myself, which means that I have stay back in class and waste time. There is this classmate of mine who does not do his duty. Ever since, he was assigned to sweep the floor till the end of the year, but this does not seem to work, this classmate still does not care. He apparently does not click with the Fac. Sec. He told me that he would only start sweeping the floor once the current Fac. Sec's reign is over. What's sweeping the floor got to do with the Fac. Sec. ? How ridiculous. So I just told my form teacher about this classmate, and he was humiliated and said to be sabotaging the class by not doing duty. I really hope that this classmate would do his duty and not leave the filthy floor for me to sweep.

The blog title is clear. Is doing a simple duty really that difficult? Please leave any comments regarding this matter. And Keng Soon, I hope you read this post. Bye.

Posted on Term 2 Week 6

0 comments:

Post a Comment