Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Nearly Breathless

The NAPHA 2.4 kilometre run had just ended a couple hours ago. Unfortunately, I did not perform as well as I had expected. I came in 34th out of the three classes of students and clocked a time of 12 minutes 50 seconds I think. Running may seem easy, but it's easier said than done if there is insufficient practice. The 2.4 kilometre route is six rounds of the school field. I initially thought that six rounds around the track would not be that challenging. But I was wrong. After just running three rounds continuously, my stamina gave up on me and I started to breathe heavily and I had a stitch somewhere near my stomach. The feeling just terrible. I can't stop running, or I would risk getting a lousy timing, but I was suffering in silence. What Could I do? I could no nothing but just try to survive the subsequent three rounds.

Finally, after much endurance and perseverance, I managed to cross the finishing line and survived the "horrifying" ordeal. However, just when I thought all was over, I started to feel intense breathlessness in my chest. I felt like dying for a few moments, but every now and then I was able to take in deep gulps of air to satisfy my exhausted lungs. In the end, I got through the entire P.E. lesson and I lived on to write this post now.

So, did you have a similar experience as me during the run? Or was yours an enjoyable one? Please comment. Bye.

Posted on Term 2 Week 6

0 comments:

Post a Comment