Sunday, May 2, 2010

Blog Updates And Changes 2

Just an update of my blog for the term. Clearly, there are certain obvious changes to my blog. What's the point of updating a blog? Updating and sometimes changing the blog makes its become more interesting and unique for a some time after change, and not remain the same old themes as before. That's basically the main aim. So here are the changes.

Change 1: New blog skin
Specific details: This new blog skin is called the Memory Book skin. It simply means collections of personal memories. This suits my blog well as this blog is about my life -- personal and school.

Change 2: Clear and concise layout
Specific details: I always think that words are better read on brighter backgrounds. I have always maintained this personal requirement whenever I pick a new blog skin. The light beige background colour gives a more relaxed feeling I guess? I have also enlarged the font sizes of the text for better reading without straining eyes.

Change 3: Removal of irrelevant gadgets in the sidebar
Specific details: I feel that some gadgets in the sidebar can distract a reader from reading a post. Music is certainly a problem. Can you visualise it? It's like when you are reading the words in your head, you start hearing other words from the lyrics of the song and you would not be able to make sense out of the words. Other gadgets like the "tree frog feeding" and "fish" can make one losing concentration while reading a post.

Change 4: Followers, profile photo and hit counter
Specific details: The number of followers for my blog has increased. So thanks to those who followed my blog. My profile photo has been blank for some time. I finally came up with a picture somewhat like Justin's. Hit counter -- number of visitors to my blog has increased from around eight hundred to about a little over a thousand now.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for my blog? Feel free to give the suggestions. They will be greatly appreciated. Bye.

Posted on Term 2 Week 6

0 comments:

Post a Comment